The cost of a business license in Kenya varies depending on the type and size of the business. It is recommended to contact the relevant authorities or the county government to get accurate and up-to-date information on the specific cost for obtaining a business license.
Take a closer look now
The cost of a business license in Kenya can vary considerably, as it depends on various factors such as the type and size of the business. To obtain accurate and up-to-date information regarding the specific cost for obtaining a business license, it is recommended to reach out to the relevant authorities or the county government. However, let’s delve into some interesting facts about business licensing in Kenya.
Interesting facts about business licensing in Kenya:
- Licensing Authority: The licensing authority in Kenya is primarily governed by the Business Registration Service (BRS), which falls under the Office of the Attorney General.
- Various License Types: Kenya offers different types of licenses catering to diverse sectors such as agriculture, construction, tourism, health, finance, and many more. Each sector may have its own specific licensing requirements and fees.
- Single Business Permit: In Kenya, the Single Business Permit is a common license required by most businesses. It authorizes the operation of a business within a particular jurisdiction and is usually issued by the county government.
- Factors Affecting Cost: The cost of a business license can vary based on factors like the location of the business, the nature of the enterprise, the size of the premises, and the scope of operations. Different counties may have varying fee structures as well.
- License Renewal: Business licenses in Kenya typically require renewal annually or periodically, depending on the type of license. It is essential to ensure timely renewal to avoid any penalties or legal issues.
Here’s an example table showcasing the hypothetical cost ranges for business license categories in Kenya:
|License Category||Small Business||Medium-Sized Business||Large Enterprise|
|Agriculture||KES 5,000 – 10,000||KES 10,000 – 20,000||KES 20,000+|
|Tourism||KES 10,000 – 20,000||KES 20,000 – 50,000||KES 50,000+|
|Manufacturing||KES 15,000 – 30,000||KES 30,000 – 50,000||KES 50,000+|
|Services||KES 5,000 – 15,000||KES 15,000 – 30,000||KES 30,000+|
Quote: “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.” – Henry Ford
Please note that the figures mentioned in the table are for illustrative purposes only and may not represent the actual cost range for business licensing in Kenya. It is vital to consult the relevant authorities for the most accurate and updated information.
Additional responses to your query
Type of Business Name of License Fees (KES) Mega Store, Hypermarket Single Business Permit 90,000 Large Trader, Shop, Retail Store or Personal Service Single Business Permit 8,000 Medium Trader, Shop or Retail Service Single Business Permit 4,000 Small Trader, Shop or Retail Service Single Business Permit 2,000
So what are the Costs of Registering a Company in Kenya?
- Registration of Business name – KES 950 ($95)
- Private Limited Company – KES 10650 ($107)
- Public Limited Company KES – 10650 ($107)
- Unlimited Companies – KES 20050 ($205)
A business permit for foreigners in Kenya can prove that they are in the country legally, and they registered the company as per the law. How much do business permits cost? Using Nairobi County business permit rates, a single company permit for a company with up to 5 employees costs Ksh. 15,000.
A visual response to the word “How much does a business license cost in Kenya?”
This video provides a step-by-step guide to obtaining a business permit/license in Nairobi County, Kenya. The requirements include having a business name, knowing the nature and location of the business, and necessary documents such as a KRA pin and electric company details. The permit lasts for 12 months and costs 5,200 Kenyan shillings. The YouTuber emphasizes that the process can be done online and encourages viewers to seek assistance from their County City Council for accurate information. The video concludes with a call to action to like, subscribe, and share the video on social media.
More intriguing questions on the topic
The approximate cost to obtain a Business Permit in Nairobi is as follows: Application fee Ksh 200. Permit fee: for a small workshop of up to 5 employees -Ksh 15,000.
- 3 Passport Photos.
- 2 copies of application for Name Reservation (CR14)
- Statement of Particulars.
- 2 copies of Name Reservation letter.
- 4 copies of Identity Card.
- PIN certificate.
- Assessed statement of particulars.
- Payment receipt.
The permit is valid for one calendar year i.e. from January to December upon which an applicant ought to apply for renewal. 1.) City Council Business Permit. For you to conduct business, you need an annual business permit from the City Council.
It is a legal and mandatory requirement for all occupations. Through your work permit, the government can collect taxes that are used in service delivery to the citizenry you included.