To import contacts into Skype for Business, open the application and click on the “Contacts” tab. Then, select “Import Contacts” and follow the prompts to import your contacts from various sources like Outlook and CSV files.
And now, a closer look
To import contacts into Skype for Business, you can follow these detailed steps:
- Open the Skype for Business application on your computer.
- Click on the “Contacts” tab located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Import Contacts.”
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
- A new window will appear with options to import contacts from various sources. You can choose one of the following options:
a. “Import from Outlook Contacts”: This option allows you to import contacts directly from your Outlook email account. Click on this option if your contacts are stored in Outlook.
b. “Import from a CSV File”: This option enables you to import contacts from a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file. A CSV file is a format used to store tabular data, and it can be easily created with spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
c. “Import from a File”: If your contacts are stored in a different file format other than CSV, you can choose this option and browse your computer to select the file.
Interesting Facts about importing contacts into Skype for Business:
- Skype for Business, previously known as Microsoft Lync, is a communication and collaboration platform widely used in the business world.
- It allows users to make voice and video calls, send instant messages, host online meetings, and seamlessly integrate with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Importing contacts into Skype for Business is particularly useful when you want to centralize your communication and have all your contacts readily available within the application.
- By importing contacts from Outlook, you can easily reach out to your email contacts directly from Skype for Business without the need to search or add them manually.
- CSV files can be generated from various applications and platforms, making it a convenient way to import bulk contacts into Skype for Business.
Here’s a table showcasing the options available for importing contacts in Skype for Business:
|Import from Outlook Contacts||Import contacts directly from your Outlook email account.|
|Import from a CSV File||Import contacts from a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file.|
|Import from a File||Import contacts from a file stored on your computer. Supports various file formats.|
Remember that importing contacts into Skype for Business makes it easier to connect with your colleagues, business partners, and clients, enhancing communication and collaboration within your work environment.
See a video about the subject
This video tutorial demonstrates how to add a contact in Skype for Business. The process involves typing the person’s name in the search bar, right-clicking their listing, and selecting “add to contact list” to place them in one of your groups. If the person is not in your organization but has a Skype account, you can navigate to the Skype directory tab and search using their username and location. For additional information about Skype for Business, viewers are directed to visit AKMs/me/sFB.
There are other points of view available on the Internet
Skype for Business Add ContactAdd a contact who has a Skype account
- In the search box, type the person’s name, email address, IM address, or Skype phone number.
- As you type, the view changes to My Contacts.
- Right-click the person’s picture > Add to Contacts List > choose the contact group.
In addition, people ask
- Open MS Outlook with all credentials.
- Then, click on File menu and select Import and Export option.
- Choose Export to a File option and hit on Click on “Comma Separated Values (Windows)”
- Browse the desired location which file you want to export.
- Step 1: Go to Settings. First, from Chats, click on your Profile Picture. Upon clicking on your Profile picture, click on Settings.
- Step 2: Sync Contacts. Now, click on the option Contacts and finally, switch the option to Sync your Contacts on.